Monday, October 30, 2017

Victorian v. Mid Century Modern designs

1) What was the biggest challenge in interpreting your design from Mid Century to a Victorian Style?

The biggest challenge for me was finding out just how exactly I was going to convert the details of my design into a victorian one. I designed it so heavily inspired by mid century modern I wasn't sure how to translate it into such a different style.

2) Describe the difference(s) between the 2 styles.

Mid century modern is smooth, polished and very modern looking. It is futuristic, but retro and uses a simple style to convey it's message. Victorian on the other hand can be described in one word; "complicated". It is very detailed, the colors are muted and it looks very serious.

3) If you were to do this project over, what would you do differently?

I would defiantly not draw the design of the victorian one myself. I would use other images to help create my original in another style.

No comments:

Post a Comment